Those dog days of summer with their sparse calendars are behind us. It’s that time of year when you have lots of choices for your Central Florida weekend activities. Continue reading
Your car’s tire performance is essential to both its safety and its efficiency. Tires eventually lose traction and braking ability, and should be replaced when necessary. When your tires are in tip-top shape, they ensure that you stay safe behind the wheel. Continue reading
Every Florida business must follow federal, state and local laws. Failure to follow these laws can create risk and liability for your business. Your business insurance may respond to these depending on the claim or action brought as a result of failure to follow the law. These are not all the laws that will impact your business, but these seem to be the ones that get a lot of attention. Continue reading
The Florida Legislature is making storm supplies exempt from sales taxes for one week at the start of hurricane season. The exemption is part of a tax-cut package approved by the Legislature. Gov. Rick Scott, signed it on May 12. Monday.
“This is going to go a long way to helping Floridians prepare for hurricane season, making sure they have all the supplies they need to get themselves and their families ready,” said Bryan Koon, the state’s emergency management director.
Under the bill (HB 5601), the tax break would be from May 31 through June 8.
Some of the specific items in the tax free hurricane sales holiday include:
- A portable self-powered light source selling for $20 or less.
- A portable self-powered radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio selling for $50 or less.
- A tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting selling for $50 or less.
- A self-contained first-aid kit selling for $30 or less.
- A ground anchor system or tie-down kit selling for $50 or less.
- A gas or diesel fuel tank selling for $25 or less.
- A package of AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries, selling for $30 or less.
- A nonelectric food storage cooler selling for $30 or less.
- A portable generator used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage selling for $750 or less.
- Reusable ice selling for $10 or less.
These exemptions do not apply to sales inside of a theme park, entertainment complex, lodging establishment or airport.
Sun Insurance Services is an Orlando Florida based independent insurance agency serving all of the Sunshine state, providing personal insurance, business insurance, health insurance and life insurance throughout Florida. We take what we do very seriously, but we HAVE FUN in the process! If we can help you with any of your FL insurance needs, please contact us today!