Those dog days of summer with their sparse calendars are behind us. It’s that time of year when you have lots of choices for your Central Florida weekend activities. The weather looks promising for enjoying some of the outdoor events here in Central Florida. The calendar is jam packed with craft shows, art fairs, and festivals this time of year also. Be sure to tell Siri which ones to add to your list of reminders.
Central Florida events for October 10-12:
The Southern Women’s Show makes its 24th appearance in Orlando this weekend! Grab your mom, sisters, BFF’s, daughters, aunts, whoever! This is a fun “girly” time! BONUS – Here are some coupons for you to use for select vendors if you go!
- The Who’s Tommy is rock-n-rolling at Mad Cow Theatre until November 2. Don’t miss this classic show performed by Central Florida’s most talented performers!
The Jazz ‘n Blues Stroll at Leu Gardens is an amazing evening in Orlando’s most beautiful garden under a starry Florida sky. Performances from The Betty Fox Band, Mudd Roosters Dave Capp Project are sure to keep you entertained. Pack dinner in a picnic basket full of your favorite foods and drink, alcohol is permitted. Seating is recommended, either chairs or blanket – this is an outdoor event.
The Winter Park Autumn Art Festival, presented by CenturyLink and Subaru, celebrates its 41st anniversary this Saturday and Sunday, in Central Park, located along beautiful Park Avenue. 156 of Florida’s outstanding artists will be in attendance to display their works in eight different categories, including ceramics, drawings and graphics, fiber, fine crafts, jewelry, painting, photography and sculpture.
Did you know Central Florida is home to the longest running FREE folk festival in the State of Florida?! It’s true! This weekend October 11th and12th, musicians, crafters, and artists converge on historic Eustis and the Alice McClelland Memorial Bandshell on Lake Eustis for the 17th Annual Lake County Folk Festival. Bring the whole family, there will be activities for all ages.
The 2014 Come Out With Pride Orlando takes place Saturday, October 11th, 2014 at Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando and includes a full festival, featuring over 150 vendors are showcasing their products and services to tens of thousands of guests. Our celebration includes entertainment on the main stage and LIVE music throughout the park. The festival begins at noon.
- The 5th Annual Daytona Blues Festival takes place Friday through Sunday, October 10th through 12th, 2014 at Jackie Robinson Ballpark. Gates open each day of the festival at noon.
- Join the City of Casselberry for Founder’s Day as we enjoy great music with the Orlando Concert Band at the free Art & Music in the Park and The Food Truck Bazaar at Lake Concord Park on Friday, October 10, from 6:00pm until 9:00pm.
- Always something interesting at the movies. How about a flick?
Upcoming Central Florida Events, Fall Festivals, Craft & Art Shows:
- October 18 & 19: The Winter Springs Festival of the Arts. Designed for the entire family to enjoy, a variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase plus live entertainment and a kids activity area. Fine art, wine, and jazz. Does it get any better??
- October 25 & 26: The 30th Annual Mount Dora Craft Fair. One of the best craft fairs in Central Florida! More than 350 talented crafters & artists from all over the country combined with food and entertainment!
- November 7-9: Orlando Greek Fest! Full disclosure here… this is my FAVORITE festival! Arni Psito, Tiropita, Loukoumathes, Ouzo Shots, Greek Wine, & MORE! Plus music and dancers and entertainment. You’ll want to be here all weekend!
- November 8: The Oviedo Woman’s Club presents A Great Day in the Country! 350 Arts & Crafts Booths, Business Booths, and Community Service Booths. Entertainment is provided throughout the day on 2 stages. There will be a special children’s play area and lots of food & drinks!
- November 22 & 23: The City of Longwood always does a fabulous job hosting the Longwood Arts and Crafts Festival! There’s something about enjoying fresh cooked Kettle Corn while strolling through historic Longwood that makes the world seem like a nicer place!
- A lot of the churches in Central Florida have fantastic Fall Festivals. Local radio station Z88.3 has done a great job of creating a list.
If you have an event you would like us to include on our Central Florida Events blog, please contact us! Get out there and make it a great weekend!
Sun Insurance Services is an Orlando Florida based independent insurance agency serving all of the Sunshine state, providing personal, business, health and life insurance services throughout Florida. We take what we do very seriously, but we HAVE FUN in the process! If we can help you with any of your FL insurance needs, please contact us today!